This blog is all that remains from the former www.londonstreetgangs.com website which was closed after 8 years of providing a 'wiki' of urban street gangs in London.

An unfinished history of modern urban street gangs in London has been used to replace some of the content of the original site, beginning here

Monday, 26 November 2012

Chadwell Heath singer Guvna B celebrates graduation

London24
Sara Odeen-Isbister
Monday, November 26, 2012

MOBO award winning singer Guvna B has picked up a degree in business management after taking a break from music to focus on studying.

The Chadwell Heath singer, aka Isaac Borquaaye, celebrated the achievement at the University of Hertfordshire’s annual graduation ceremony last Tuesday.

Guvna B started studying at the university in 2007 but saw his marks drop after his music career started to take off in 2009.

He said: “It was a growing struggle for me to balance my university studies with my promising music career and my grades started to see the effects of this.

“While my music career was growing, my degree was in danger. I had a meeting with my course leader who advised me that with only one year left of my degree, it would fly by so quickly that if I concentrated and put the music on the back burner a little bit, I would succeed.”

Guvna B, who won Best Gospel Artist at the 2010 Mobos, followed his tutor’s advice and his hard work paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment